Tell the sitter if your bathrooms are off limits to pets and sitters. Also, if the toilet is prone to run or become clogged, your sitter needs to know. If your cat happens to love shredding the content of the bathroom trash can, we need to know this too.
- Leave a phone number for your veterinarian in case of emergency.
- Leave a list of household numbers in the event the sitter needs to call any of the following while you’re away: cleaning service, plumber, electrician, gardener/yard/pool maintenance.
- Show the sitter where the fuse box or circuit breaker is located.
- Advise the sitter of any household areas which are “off limits” to your pet(s). Make sure the doors are closed or access is securely restricted to your pet(s) before leaving the home.
- Show the sitter where primary light switches are located.