Please have the following forms prepared for our meeting. Before You Go Packet
Thank you for choosing Corks Critter Care (CCC) for your home and pet care needs. We are pleased that you have chosen us to provide in-home care for your pets. Pets of all different species have been enjoying CCC services since 2000. Serving Calgary and area, our mission is to provide the best quality pet care by treating our clients’ pets as if they were our own.
We have designed our services to enrich your pet’s life as well as your own. We want to make caring for a pet easier and less stressful with our variety of pet care services. We want to enrich your pet’s life by giving them top quality care that we are known for and are trained to do.
At Corks Critter Care, we tailor our services to your needs! Corks Critter Care is not just for those who will be away; but is also ideal for those who are experiencing unusual working hours or uncontrollable events that occur in life (illness, surgery, or hospitalization) that may make it difficult to properly care for your pet. If you have a new puppy or kitten, a very old or ill pet, or a pet recovering from surgery; they all need extra care and attention. Or sometimes your pet just needs an extra bit of attention that you just aren’t able to find the time or energy for. We cover it all with our variety of convenient services!
Your pets’ special needs, health, and safety need to be both documented and provided for while you’re away. We are prepared to make your pets’ health and happiness a top priority, but we cannot do our best to look after your pets without all the necessary information and preparation by you.
Please prepare a few things to make your registration meeting and subsequent visits most effective. Please fill out the following materials and have them completed in time for your initial consultation visit with your sitter. Feel free to take your time with it (Keep copies for yourself).
1. Create a Pet Information Pack – Learn How Here
2. Complete 4 Important Safety/Security Checklists
- Tips to “Pet Proof” Your Home
Pet Sitting Includes:
- Tender Loving Individualized Care!,
- Food And Fresh Water,
- Washing Of Food & Water Dishes,
- Exercise And Play,
- 10-20min Walk Upon Request,
- Litter Box Cleaning, (see Extras)
- Pills, Injections, Medications,
- Sweeping & Vacuuming Pet Areas,
- Daily Brushing Upon Request
Home Sitting Includes:
- Home Security Checks,
- Mail, Newspapers, Brought In,
- Plants & Flowers Watered,
- Plants Outdoors At An Additional Fee,
- Lights, Blinds, Curtains Off Or On,
- Check For Home Hazards,
- Put Out Trash & Recycling,
- Checks Of Interior & Exterior,
- Check All Appliances, Furnace
- CPPS – Certified Professional Pet Sitter
- Registered Veterinarian Technologist / Animals Health Technologist,
- AAAHT Active Member
- CPFF – Certified Professional Fear Free Level 1 , 2 and 3
Products and Services
- Watering Indoor Plants,
- Snow Removal,
- Pet Education,
- Delivering Pet Supplies,
- Watering Outdoor Plants,
- Dog Let Outs,
- Pet Taxi,
- Home Sitting,
- Pill Administration,
- Animal Nursing,
- Animal Care,
- SQ Fluids,
- Pet Sitting,
- Insulin Injections,
- Home Security,
- Dog Walking
Animals We Care For
- Hamsters, Mice, Rats
- Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Hedgehogs, Degu
- Iguana, Lizards, Bearded Dragons, Geckos, Snakes, Tarantulas, Crabs
- Fish, indoor and outdoor
- Pot Belly Pigs
- Birds, Budgies, Love Birds, Parrots, Finch, and more
- Pet Nursing,
- Dog Walking,
- Insulin Injections,
- Pill Administration,
- SubQ Fluids,
- Home Security
- Animal Care,
- Cat Sitting,
- Pet Sitting,
- Animal Nursing
4. Common Policies & Procedures
To schedule, notify us of your return or cancel a service you have 2 options:
Online: 24/7 Pet Care App
Phone: 403-807-6866 during office hours
Your reservation is only confirmed when you have received an invoice confirmation via email. To make a reservation you may use Corks online Pet Care App or call the office during office hours at 403-807-6866.
Remember, email or phone messages left are not considered confirmations.
Last-Minute Services – Cork understands that there are times when we have to make last-minute plans. Don’t sweat the small stuff we got you covered! However, all services are only rendered once payment is made.
10 fee will apply to reservations made with less than 24 hours notice.
Notification of Clients Return Policy
- You will be expected to notify Corks Critter Care when you return through your online Pet Care App client portal, by leaving an email at (email@example.com) or voicemail message at 403-807-6866.
- If we don’t hear from you within a reasonable period of time, we will try to contact you by phone and if we are unable to make contact, we will make a visit, and the client will be responsible for any charges thereafter.
Corks Critter Care has in place a no overbooking policy thus once you have contracted CCC services, we will not accept others that may need our services at the same time as you.
Please be aware that you will be charged for any visits without proper notice of cancellation.
- Mid Day Dog Services (dog walking, let outs, puppy play time): 24 hours notice of cancellation
- Pet Sitting: 48 hours notice of cancellation
- Overnight Pet Sitting: 7 days notice of cancellation. Due to the exclusive nature of overnight bookings, we must decline all requests for overnight stays that coincide with the dates you have booked thus, all cancellations have a 50% cancellation fee.
Your cancellation is only confirmed when you have received a confirmation via email. To make a reservation you may use Corks online Pet Care App or call the office at 403-807-6866 during office hours.
Phone or email messages left are not considered confirmations.
Please visit our website to learn more about our cancellation policy
Contact Us: Feel free to communicate with your pet sitter to check up on your pets at any time. Call Corks Critter Care office. We try to return all calls the same day, usually between 9 am – 8:00 pm. If you do not hear back from us in 24 hours, please try again – voice mails do sometimes get lost. Emails are also welcome
Keys: – Normally all keys are kept in our office safe anticipating our next services call. If you would like the pet sitter to leave your key or remote on the last visit, please leave a note reading “Leave Key” with the date and time of the last visit as well as instructions on how to secure the house without the key. Without this note the pet sitter will not leave the key. Please see our Home Entry Key Management Agreement
Indoor Plants: Corks Critter Care is not responsible for wilted, dead or otherwise unhealthy plants. We will work hard to follow your written directions as precisely as possible, but cannot be responsible if the results are not favourable. Please place all indoor plants together on a waterproof surface in plain sight, as your pet sitter is not responsible for water damaged areas or missed plants.
Secured Areas: It is the pet-owner’s sole responsibility to pet-proof any areas of the home and/or property to which the pet has access. This includes thoroughly inspecting fences, gates, latches, doors and other devices meant to keep the pet inside or away from any ‘forbidden’ areas. The pet-sitter does not assume and has no liability for any injuries the pet may sustain while in its own home.
Safe Access: It is the pet-owner’s responsibility to provide safe access to their home – shoveling their sidewalks, steps and porch. If the client is out of town during the time of a snowstorm, the sitter will access the home and contract services to clear walkways if necessary. The fee for this service will be added to the client’s final invoice.
Natural Disaster: It is suggested that arrangements be made with someone to evacuate your pets in case of a natural disaster or weather related event/crisis/” Code Red”. Corks Critter Care will definitely try to see to your pets safety/care should such events occur, but cannot guarantee it.
- The full amount is paid at the time of the initial visit. All other future bookings with Corks Critter Care payments are paid in full before the services begin or on the first day, the services begin.
- There is a $20 initial visit fee and a holiday surcharge of $5 per day for any civic or statutory holidays.
- Overnight services there is a $25 surcharge on holidays (civic and statutory).
- ✔️ Specific time reservations are an extra $5 per visit.
5. Onboarding Forms to be Completed before the Initial Consultation Visit
- Client Registration Form – please fill out in its entirety.
- Pet Registration Form – please complete one form for each pet in the household and fill out in its entirety.
- Vet Notification Form – please sign and date and feel free to print a copy.
- Home Entry Key Management Agreement – please sign and date
- Locksmith Notification Form – please sign and date
- Pet Guardianship Form – please complete details, sign and date
At the end of our service period, or periodically, I will ask you to write a few comments of our work together, as an evaluation. It helps me to see what you liked about the process, what results you received overall and anything else you’d like to add. I find this extremely valuable and now make it a consistent part of working with each client. I thank you in advance for this. Often, I ask clients if I can use these comments in the form of a client testimonial. You’ll let me know if that’s acceptable.
Many times I’ve had the opportunity to send a client referrals and I’m thrilled to do it. This happens often and most probably because I get to know a client well and become keenly aware of who their ideal clients are, as well as the results that people get from the services they provide. This means that you may receive a referral from me. On the flip side, my clients regularly send referrals to my business too. In essence, we become referral partners. Here’s what I propose: if you overhear someone saying they’d like to find a reliable and guilt-free way to care for their pets in their absence go to our referral page to fill out a form (and get rewarded) or ask them to contact me for a quick chat, to see if I can help with their pet care needs. I will do the same for you when I meet someone who would benefit from working with you!
Lastly, one of the things I really believe in is in rewarding my clients for sending referrals and because of that, my business is mostly referral-based. We look forward to caring for your home and pets. 🙂
Licensed, Insured & Bonded since 2000.